Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problems with inventory - Unity 2017.4

Hi, 

I have got problem with displaying inventory in Unity 2017.4 with the latest AC version. I have got an inventory bar at the top screen, the same as in tutorial:

https://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/creating-inventory-bar-unity-ui

and after update Unity when I am opening inventory my game has 1-6 fps (normally it's about 150). In older Unity version I haven't got this bug. This bug is only in editor - in game build this problem does not occur. 

Comments

• It may be an issue with Unity itself, but I'll look into it - thanks for the alert.
  • I've done some testing, but I can't experience any such problem.  What's our Menu's "Appear type" set to?

Also, if you switch your Menu Manager asset file to the Demo game's (Demo_MenuManager) and switch the demo's Inventory menu's Source to Unity Ui Prefab, does the same drop in framerate occur when hovering over it with the mouse?
  • Hi, thanks for reply - I see this problem occurs if  we have got a lot of different items in inventory. If we have only few there isn't framedrop. In profiler I can see the problem is in:

StateHandler.Update() SpriteMeshGenerator.TraceShape     <- It takes a lot of memory now :(
  • Do you have separate "Selected graphic" and/or "Active graphic" textures assigned to your Item properties, and what are their texture types?
  • edited April 2018
    I assigned only "Main graphic" to item properties. Texture type is 64x64 sprite (.jpg) (4KB size).

Probably I found the problem. Some of my temp graphics have 900x900 resolution (.png). After fix, everything runs smoother. : )
  • Recreated, it does indeed seem to be an issue with Unity, introduced in 2017.4.

One workaround is to replace your UI prefab's Image components with RawImage components.