Forum rules - please read before posting.

Android Mobile -Actual Phone Back Button opening menus

Hi Chris,

I've got my game in closed Beta up on the Android Play Console and everything is now working except if a player pushes their back button on their phone (NOT in the game), a random inventory, close-up menu, opens. It's very odd since the menu doesn't even come up until 3 rooms away (escape game). Is there a location that I'm setting this to happen but don't know I'm doing that? I thought it might be a Unity problem but it's an AC menu that's opening.

Comments

• AFAIK, Unity maps the Android platform's "Back" button to the Escape key.

The default AC interface relies on the Escape key for it's "Menu" input button, which opens the default Pause menu when pressed as its "Appear type" is set to "On Input Key".  You can amend this if necessary, but that's likely what's causing it.
  • edited April 2018
    That is exactly what happened and thanks. I chose my save/load page to be called up if someone uses the back button (by setting it as the only one to have "On Input Key"). Most of the others were set to "Manual". There were a couple of others set to a different "Appear Type" but I can't remember what or why they were.