Forum rules - please read before posting.

[BUG] Hotspots treated as Navmesh

Hi,

We're having an issue regarding hotspots and navigation on 1.60:

Colliders of hotspots outside of the polygon-navmesh seem to be treated as if they were part of the navmesh. In point&click mode you can click and hold near a hotspot outside the navmesh and the character will walk there.

Hotspots are on their separate layer, as is the navmesh. Both layers are specified in the settings-manager.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Welcome to the community, @TillWaza.  Thanks for the report.  So this is a 2D game you're referring to?

Even if it's in a backup project, please test your scene in the latest release, v1.62.0, as a lot of bugs have been fixed since v1.60.

If it's still there: as this is a visual problem, I'll need to see exactly how your scene is arranged so that I can attempt a recreation.  Please provide screenshots showing your scene layout, as well as Scene and Settings Managers.  Images can be posted on imgur.com and links posted here.
  • Hey there, thanks for the response.
    I will update and test once we have some time for it, until then I made some screenshots of the issue on 1.60 just in case.

https://imgur.com/a/vky6C

I deleted everything unnecessary from the scene. You can see the polygon mesh in the bottom of the sceneview. The "Photos"-Tag is a hotspot with a trigger boxcollider.
    I can provoke the issue by clicking on the navmesh and then dragging over, onto or near the hotspot while holding down LMB.
    As you can see with the blue line, every now and then the pathfinding kicks in and pushes the character back into the navmesh. Depending on how/where I click the character can walk all the way up to the hotspot and then navigate them from hotspot to hotspot without falling back to the navmesh.

Not sure if that's related but in these cases we also get huge spikes in the profiler from upwards of 100k calls to Physics2D.OverlapCircleAll

Will report back after I get a chance to test the update.
  • Thanks for the details.

v1.61.0 introduced a number of performance improvements, and also addressed some pathfinding issues.  If testing the latest release makes no difference, please PM me a .unitypackage file of the scene, your player prefab, and your game's Manager asset files and I'll try to see what's wrong.
  • I sent you a pm! If anything is missing from the package, let me know.
  • Hi, I seem to be having a similar issue - I can't change the collider type (from box to poly) on the hotspot without it then being treated as a hole in the navmesh, seemingly breaking the hotspot "connection". (Should I create a different thread for this?) Image included though I don't think it'll be helpful: https://i.imgur.com/j6hZuMQ.png
  • Welcome to the community, @tfishell.

Just check "Is Trigger" on your PolygonCollider2D component, or remove the Rigidbody2D from the Player.  AC still makes use of Unity's physics engine, so it's still bound by collisions if your GameObjects are set up to encounter them.
  • Ah thanks. I've been learning the Unity engine / C# for a year+ now (in my spare time) but it's hard keep track of everything.