Forum rules - please read before posting.

NavMesh Agent stopping MoveSpeed changes

edited March 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hey,
I noticed a problem in my game lately where if I tried to change the "Set Standard > MoveSpeed" from the Animate action, it wouldn't do anything to any of my characters I tried it with. But from the inspector I disabled both NavMesh Agent and NavMesh integration and suddenly it works again.
Obviously I need both those components so I wondered if it was a bug...

There are Speed and Acceleration options on the components so I wonder if this is overriding it?

Here's some screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/XfhJ2
I've also tried to "Animate" action with just an empty actionlist with only that in it and it does the same thing.

Do you have any thoughts?
Thanks! :)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Another weird problem I have with the components is that my player and all characters that have the components go flying over each other when they collide. So me as a player runs up to a character with the NavMesh components, collides with them and goes flying over the top, assuming to where the collider ends.
    It doesn't happen if I disable it.
  • edited March 2018
    The NavMeshAgentIntegration script relies on the NavMesh Agent for its speed values - not the AC character.  I'll add an option to the component to rely instead on AC as part of the next update.

• It doesn't happen if I disable it.
    Disable what, exactly?  The player's NavMeshAgent?  AC relies on Unity's Physics system, so it may be a case of just tweaking your Rigidbody / Physics settings / Physics materials etc to get the right behaviour.  But if this is a situation whereby your character is trying to move to the same spot as an NPC, then you'll have to attach the relevent Unity NavMeshObstacle components to the NPC to prevent the player from attempting to move there.
  • Disable the components I mean. Yes tweaking them has made it a bit better.

As for the NavMesh Agent speed values relying on AC- can't wait for the update, thanks! :smile: