Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation Topics Question

Hi

Is it possible to replace conversation topics as text to display images instead? Like how Broken Sword does it?

Also, how would you go about setting conversation topics to disappear after they've been selected? For example: I want the 'Hi, bird' and 'Whoa, you can talk!' topics to disappear after they've been selected or after the bird has spoken. I've tried adjusting things in the editor, as shown in the link, but I can't seem to get it to work.

https://i.imgur.com/oWU2odW.png

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Icons can be defined for each option within the Conversation Inspector, but it's up to the Conversation menu to display them.  In the Menu Manager, find your Conversation menu, the DialogList element within that, and set the Display type from Text Only to Icon only.

The included 2D Demo uses this style - you can assign the Demo2D_MenuManager asset file for reference.

The ActionList looks fine - the Dialogue: Toggle option Action is indeed the way to disable options.  So "Hi bird" remains visible after choosing it?  What's your AC version, and are you using Unity UI or AC to display your Conversation menu?
  • Cool, I'll have to look into that this evening. Thanks.

The 'Hi, bird.' disappears, but the 'Whoa, you can talk!' doesn't even appear. My AC is 1.62.2 and Unity is 2017.3.1f1. As for the last question - I'm not sure. AC, I think? I created it via the AC Game Editor and then Inspector?
    • the 'Whoa, you can talk!' doesn't even appear.
    There's no Action in the screenshot you posted that is causing it to turn on.  You need to create a separate Dialogue: Toggle option to turn it on - it won't be automatic when the first option is turned off.
  • Awesome. Just cracked it. I set a toggle on at the end of the first line and then linked it back to the original dialogue box. Thanks. :)