Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation options not clickable

I'm basing my Convo system on the WalkingDead template (so UnityUI), and I find that despite my best efforts, convo options are not clickable with the left button. They are only interactable with the number keys (if I tick that box in Settings). What's the solution? Thanks.

Comments

• I got it: using conversations on the built-in AC menu system works fine. But when switching to UnityUI, convo option linking to buttons are not saved on exit.
    Not even when I leave the UI prefab on the scene.
  • When switching to Unity UI, you're referring to "Unity Ui Prefab"?  The prefab should never be left in the scene in that case.

What are your AC and Unity versions?  I shall attempt a recreation.
  • Also, what is the state of the "Interactable" checkbox of the linked UI Buttons when the issue occurs?
  • Thanks, Chris. I'm always using the latest AC and latest stable Unity: 2017.3.1 (not a patch version).

The linked buttons don't remain linked regardless of using Unity UI on scene or in prefab. But they still get a random AC ID number. My workaround has been simply to use AC's own menu which works as intended. 

Interactable box is enabled at all times.
  • Linking UI components to the Menu Manager is done via the ID numbers - the object fields themselves are expected to become unlinked.  Please see the "Unity UI menus" chapter of the Manual for full details on how the process works.