Forum rules - please read before posting.

Check/Switch Current Player?

edited March 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hey again,
I'm so sorry that I keep posting here but either I'm too enthusiastic or too stupid to figure things out.

Is there a method to check and switch the current player in script? Player switching is on and there are 2 of them.
It feels like it should be blatantly obvious but I can't for the life of me find where it is in the scripting guide...

Thanks again :)

Comments

• When looking for code that does the same thing as Actions already do, you can usually luck out by opening the Action files - in this case, ActionPlayerCheck and ActionPlayerSwitch.

Each Player has an ID number, which relates to their listing in the Settings Manager.  The current player's ID can be read with:

AC.KickStarter.player.ID

To change player, call:

AC.KickStarter.ResetPlayer

However, the saving of the previous player's data is not automatic, and must be done separately with:

KickStarter.saveSystem.SaveCurrentPlayerData ();

Loading the correct scene after switching to a previously-used player must be done separately as well.  It's probably best to just rely on the Player: Switch Action instead, and call an ActionList containing it via script.