Forum rules - please read before posting.

"During gameplay" type menus disappear when playing background dialogue text

This is a subtle problem, but it can get annoying, especially when I'm using a flashy Transition type on my "during gameplay" score-keeping integer label.
So this latter label (which I'm using for runtime score) always flashes and then transitions when the game plays a dialogue text. Maybe it's intentional. But I'm trying to circumvent it. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Please always give AC and Unity versions when posting.

Any "During Gameplay" menu should disappear only when gameplay is interrupted - and this will be the case even if a gameplay-blocking ActionList runs only for a frame.

If you check List active ActionLists in Game window? at the bottom of the Settings Manager, see if you can confirm that the GameState is changed to something other than Normal when the menu disappears.  It should also show the ActionList that causes this at the same time.

Make sure that any ActionList you have running in the background has its When running field set to Run In Background.
  • Thanks for the help, Chris: the middle suggestion should do the trick.