Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiple interactions

So I was watching one of the tutorials where Chris, was showing a way to create multiple interactions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0gV3EesjFg&t=3012s
In this video around min:50 there was a way to create multiple interactions, however I did the same as in the video and I could only see one of the interactions, then I taught that maybe I messed up something while constructing my UI, so I created a new project, reimported the AC and use the default managers where you use TinPot. I added a cube and tried to have to interactions on it, but I got the same effect. Did something change since the date when this video was released and now there is another way to create this kind of effect? Also, I would like if someone could point me to a place in the doc where I can see how to customize the UI.

What I would like to achieve is something like this : 
https://i.imgur.com/KDFz9hn.png

When the user clicks on the player that panel will show(right above the player, not like in my example) and each of those 4 buttons will lead to 4 different menus. Here again it's a strange story, because I would like to have this effect on each of the scenes, but if I create an interaction that will pop up a menu and then I go to another scene I lose that interaction, also I tried parenting it to the player, but when I load another scene my interaction is empty. 

So, any suggestions would be nice.

Thank you

Comments

• In what version of AC are you working?

The 3D tutorial relies on Choose Hotspot Then Interaction mode, which is set in the Settings Manager's Interaction method field.  The 3D Demo game, and default Managers, rely on Context Sensitive mode - which only allows for one Use interaction at a time.

More on these modes, and the differences between them, can be found in the Manual, but check that your field is set to the same thing.  You can share a screenshot showing your Settings Manager if you'd like us to look as well.

The "interaction ring" you've posted is similar to the Walking Dead template, which is available on the Downloads page and is actually covered in the next section of the same video.

For ActionLists to be available to all scenes, you must rely on ActionList assets.  A Hotspot component's Actions source field can be set to Asset File so that your various Use interaction instead rely on ActionList assets, instead of scene-based Interactions.  Parenting things to the player like that is not recommended.
  • Thank you Chris, I found the place to change to Context Sensitive mode and everything was fine except that I was seeing my interaction menu in the middle of the screen, so I assigned the whole WalkingDead manager and then worked from there. However I was wondering if there is an option to see that interaction menu, only if there is more than one options, because if there is just one option there is no need to let the player choose.
  • Each Hotspot has a "Single-use interaction?" option which allows it to behave like Context Sensitive mode (i.e. one click to use).  The 2D Demo uses this for the exit left/right Hotspots to the side of the scene.
  • Thank you very much Chris. 
    Best regards
  • Also I was wondering if there is any chance to keep the mouse icon if I check the Single-use interaction, cuz right now I see my mouse when hovering a hotspot
  • Sorry, you're going to have to reword that - what mouse icon do you mean?  As we're dealing with icons and visuals, any screenshots you can post to explain things would help me understand better.
  • It's my bad, I did something wrong when setting up the cursor.
    It's working nicely.