Forum rules - please read before posting.

Instantiate Hotspot prefab with ActionList?

edited February 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hello,
I have a Hotspot prefab with interaction source from Asset File (test_hs). I'm instantiating prefab via OnStart cutscene (tried from my own script too), object is properly added to a scene, but interactions (LookAt) don't work. I can't click to a hotspot and nothing shows up. Existing in scene HotSpot works fine with ActionList from asset. Only clones from prefab have this issue.

Instantiate ObjA HotSpot with linked ActionList asset = doesn't work.
Existing in-scene ObjA HotSpot with linked ActionList asset = works fine.

Any ideas? Or maybe this is impossible to do in this way?

Comments

• That should work.  Which versions of AC and Unity?

What is the state of the Hotspot's Inspector when spawned in?  Is there any obvious difference in it from an in-scene Hotspot, i.e. Interaction assets are no longer assigned?
  • edited February 2018
    EDITED

==================================================
    Acidentally I found the solution, I don't know how can I forgot about that (yes, I watched tutorial very very long time ago) <smiley>...
    The problem was that the hotspot collider has exactly the same size and transform position as the GameObject which Player can interact... So if You move a cursor around the object, You're pointing the Cube collider, not the Hotspot.
    Pic:

Thanks Chris for reply and help!
    Cheers.