Forum rules - please read before posting.

Export unity text for translations

Hi,
I'm using AC 1.60.7 + unity 2017.1.1f1 for a 2d game.
I'd like to have  a cutscene, where, on a black background, a text appears like a typewriter. To make it I used the unity text script (on a canvas) and used a typewriter effect script to make the desired effect.

The problem is when I have to translate it: I thought AC export also the unity text, but in my csv file I can't find it.
Is there a particular workflow to translate this type of text?

Thank you.

Comments

• edited February 2018
    AC won't touch anything it doesn't know it's allowed to.  AC will on-screen text, but only if it's entered into the Menu Manager or in an Action (e.g. "Dialogue: Play speech".

The dialogue system already comes with a scrolling effect, but if you want to use your own effect you can hook your Canvas up to a Unity UI-based Menu, and connect the Text component to a Label element.  You can then set the text that appears in the Text component by writing it in the Label element's properties, and it can then be included in the Game Text export file.
  • Thank you Chris, I solved using a duplicated menu subtitles changed "for narration only": it's perfect.