Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animate Hotspot Icon

I wanted to ask, is it possible to animate the hotspot graphic with an animator when using Adventure Creator UI.

I'm using the multi hotspot system (Life is Strange) and it seems to only work with Adventure Creator UI.

When I add the graphic, it looks a little bland and I would like it animated. Can I use an animator to animate it?

Comments

• Animated components of a menu are best left to Unity UI, where they can be properly controlled.

Which part of the UI are you referring to, exactly?  It's been a while, but both the Interaction and Hotspot menus I tested with worked with Unity UI In Scene mode, IIRC.
  • edited February 2018
    You know for the Multi hotspot system, Life is strange style interactions.

I followed the instructions and got it to work but it only works with Adventure creator UI. When I used the unity UI, the hotspot icon doesn't stay over item. 

• edited February 2018
    Set it to Unity Ui Prefab instead, and move the canvas to a prefab.  The script works by duplicating the menu and canvas together, and it needs the canvas to be a prefab in order to do this.  You can still leave the Canvas' Render Mode as World Space, even as a prefab.
  • I changed it to Unity Prefab with both world space and screen overlay. When in screen overlay it doesn't work properly. The hotspot icon ui doesn't follow the camera.

When in world space, it works but i can't the hotspot icon location using the center point override.
  • I changed it to Unity Prefab with both world space and screen overlay options to test. When in screen overlay it doesn't work properly. The hotspot icon ui doens't stay over the item. 

When in world space, it works but i can't change the hotspot icon location using the center point override, It just stays in the middle of the object. 
  • It not obeying the "Centre-point override" is likely a bug - I'll look into it.