Forum rules - please read before posting.

Using Adventure Creator for a survey

Hi there,

After prompt feedback the last time I have a second query sorry! I have been asked to create a survey which I have put together using Adventure Creator. It works really well and gives the user their score and provides advice depending on their result. My issue is that the client has now asked for this to be sent to them when the app is completed. Is this something that would be possible in Adventure Creator. My thoughts were to output the score variables in some way whether as csv, html or email but I am uncertain if this functionality is supported and how to go about it. Would the unity analytics tool for example instead output the data I need without having to add in extensions?

Comments

• This wouldn't be built into AC, no.  I'm under the impression the Unity Analytics is also just for developers who want to track app usage etc - not for individual users to recieve.

Such a feature could be added on through custom scripts, however.  It'll be a couple of steps, because you'll first need to create a file based on the score/result, and then find a way to send it.

You should be able to get some good advice on the Unity forums, as this is a general Unity usage question.  On the AC side of things however, it's quite simple to retrieve variable values for use in custom scripts.  Assuming your player's score is a Global Integer Variable of ID=2, for example:

int score = AC.GlobalVariables.GetIntegerValue (2);

More on accessible AC variables through script can be found in the "Variable scripting" chapter of the Manual.
  • Thanks Chris,

Will look into this further.

Regards

Joseph