Forum rules - please read before posting.

Playing video with WebGL

Hi there, I am having an issue and I hope someone can help. I have built my first complete app in Unity using Adventure Creator for nursery school children. It is an interactive story book with videos and several simple games. I've used Adventure Creator to create all the interface and games and it all works great using the Mac and Windows export functions, however when I attempt to export as WebGL everything works apart from the videos. Is there a way to get these to play in WebGL? I am using the Unity video player attached to an image sprite the size of the video clip which plays automatically when the scene starts, separately an audio track plays through an on scene start action. Is there a built in video player in Adventure Creator that would work in Web GL? I have read something that the Unity video player needs to use video URLs instead under WebGL but I don't know how you go about doing this with Adventure Creator, is it simply just a matter of typing in a url instead of attaching the video clip?

Regards

Joseph

Comments

• It was my understanding that the VideoPlayer works for WebGL that same as on other platforms.  My mistake - it looks indeed like WebGL requires a URL.

I'll see about remedying this in the upcoming v1.61.0 release, thanks for posting.