Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory interaction to be triggered by dragging the item on the hotspot

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi all,

I want my actions to be triggered when i drag an inventory item on a hotspot in my scene.

Right now it seems to be only possible to use inventory interactions by pressing on that hotspot and then choosing the item you per-defined to be used. I want my interaction to be triggered only when i drag that item on to that hotspot.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Adam.

Comments

• I take it you're using Choose Hotspot Then Interaction for your Interaction method, yes?

First of all: in your Settings Manager, look under the Inventory settings and check Drag and drop items.

Next, you'll need to prevent Inventory buttons from appearing in your Interaction menu when clicking on Hotspots.  Assuming you're relying on the default menus that AC includes, go to the Menu Manager and find the Interaction menu.  Under the list of elements, click InventoryBox and uncheck Is visible.  This will stop the items from showing in this menu, so that the only way to use items is to drag them onto the Hotspot.
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH, Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep up the great work!!!! <3
  • Hi again,

I'm sorry but it seems that when i uncheck the Is Visible, nothing really happens, I still see the interaction menu..
    I tried making the other elements invisible and didn't help. also, deleting the menu completely didn't work - although it didn't show anymore, i couldn't make the interaction triggered by dragging an item to the hotspot...

Thanks for your help.
  • There's several steps involved (behind the scenes) to get drag-drop inventory working.  Let's back up a bit.  You can delete the InventoryBox element if you have no need for it.  Are you able to at least select Items, and drag them around the screen, so that it's literally at the Hotspot level that the problem occurs?  Please post your Settings Manager when replying.