Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene Problems

At somepoint recently i've ended up with a _backedup duplicate of my main scene that i don't remember creating... If i load the _backedup scene and play it it works fine but if i load my original scene and try to play that i get an error "Scene with build index: 2 couldn't be loaded because it has not been added to the build settings."

It shouldn't be trying to load a different scene and i can't find where/why it's trying to. I want to get rid of one of these scenes as i've had issues in the past with duplicate scenes altering the constantid's.

Any ideas where to start?

Comments

• As usual 10 mins after posting this i fixed it! I deleted the save file which i guess must have some info about what scenes to load. Still no idea how it happened though!
  • It's trying to load scene "2", as listed in your game's build settings.  Open up the build settings and see if the correct scenes are listed.
  • Yeah that was the weird thing, there's a scene at 0 which is basically a loader and a scene at 1 which is the main scene which are the only 2 that should be in the build. There's isn't supposed to be one at index 2 which is why it was odd that it was trying to load one. Maybe it was trying to increment or something, it seemed to be coming from the save file anyway as deleting seems to have done the trick. I did recently upgrade the project from 5.6 to 2017 and updated AC so that may have caused some weirdness, i know in that process it changed some of the constant id's on some objects
  • edited January 2018
    It certainly shouldn't have started changing ID numbers - did that happen as a result of updating Unity or AC?  From which AC version were you updating?

The save file shouldn't increment the scene index, but I don't expect it'll be likely to succesfully recreate as is.  Let me know if it occurs again.
  • Will do thanks.

Can't remember which version of AC i was on but i updated Unity first and then AC. 

I think the id's changing was a result of the duplicate scene. I've had issues in the past where other team members made duplicate scenes to work on their own parts and i noticed AC often detecting duplicate id's and changing them, i stopped everyone copying the scene then after just in case.
  • Yeah, that could be it.  AC will indeed automatically prevent duplicate IDs.  Be careful, however: you should always update AC before updating Unity.  Compatibility for the latest version of Unity is implemented in the latest version of AC, so if you update the other way around you may get issues.
  • Cool thanks for your help, good to know for future