Forum rules - please read before posting.

Refreshing a Unity UI in Scene Inventory Menu

Hello,

I've created a custom Unity UI for the inventory, the problem is that I cannot reorder it's btnSlots after adding/removing an item.

I call the "RecalculateSize()" Function after doing any item realted action that affects the inventory, I've tried defining my menusource as MenuSource.AdventureCreator and even defining my menu's InventoryBoxes orientation as grid.

Is it possible to reorder custom menues with AC?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I'm not clear on what it is exactly you mean.  How is it that you want your items re-ordered, and are you manipulating them through script or is the RecalculateSize call the only script call you're making?

If "Can re-order items in Menus?" is unchecked in the Settings Manager, then the inventory will automatically update when an item is removed to clear any empty slots.  Otherwise, empty slots will be left alone.

It's certainly possible to remove empty slots through code, but I'll need to you to confirm that's what you're talking about - and that the option above is checked.

• edited January 2018
    Hello Chris,
    Thanks for your quick answer.

"Can re-order items in Menus" was indeed checked, I've tried unchecking it and it works like a charm.

Thank you.