Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save Game doesn't appear to remember camera

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
When I save a game and then quit and load from the start again it appears that the original camera from where I load the game doesn't change to the saved game.

I can't really tell because my opening camera is quite a tight and restricted one but I think this is what happens.

Is there a script I need to add somewhere to effectively 'remember camera' or is something else causing my problem?

Comments

• Just attach the ConstantID script to the camera.

Unlike the Remember scripts, the ConstantID script won't store any object-specific data, merely the reference.  Since the settings of the camera don't change in-game, it's fine to just use the ConstantID script to record it.
  • Thanks Chris

Follow up - which camera? All of the cameras in the scene or just MainCamera?
  • When I do an autosave before quitting the game I always get a warning that the gamecameras are not saved, so I would say put it on all the cameras yeah. I think the maincamera is not necessary, it just follows the gamecameras.
  • Thanks hedgefield

the good news is my oodles of cameras can all be given the script at once :)