Forum rules - please read before posting.

Changing the camera with transition in script

Hi,

I'm trying to use the SetGameCamera() method in a script. It's working, however, when I try to make a transition over time, it has no effect.
The method needs to be called in a script that's attached to a game object in the scene. It is no custom interaction script. SetGameCamera doesn't return anything (void), so I was not under the impression that it needs to go into a coroutine. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong here?

The code looks like this:

public void OnConversationStart(Transform actor)
{
    if (ConversationCam != null)
    {
        KickStarter.mainCamera.SetGameCamera(ConversationCam);
    }
}

changing it to KickStarter.mainCamera.SetGameCamera(ConversationCam, 2, MoveMethod.Linear); or sth similar has no effect, the game still hard cuts to the new cam.

Comments

• Looks fine.  No, a coroutine is not necesserry - the MainCamera takes care of camera change "over time".

AC and Unity version numbers, please.  Also, what is your Movement method set to?

As I can't picture why this would occur, some simple Debug statements might help shine a light.  In MainCamera.cs, look for the "SetGameCamera" function (around line 914).  At the very end, place in the following:

Debug.Log ("Transition to: " + attachedCamera + ", Transition time: "+ transitionTime);

What's the Console's output when the code runs?