Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] Object:Visibility not working?

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
I have an object prefab that I've added to the scene. I've also added a hotspot to it and for the interaction action I have Object:Visibility set to "Invisible" and the prefab selected as the object to affect.

I've also tried Object:Send Message and set it to Turn Off but alas, it still doesn't work.

Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Comments

• Maybe my post can help you? Have your object some child? If so check this post!
    Bye

http://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/47/added-remember-visibility-no-child-affected#Item_7
  • I'd already read and tried that before posting. I've still got the same problem. I'm baffled.
  • edited April 2014
    I had the very same problem here. The funny thing is, I found out what the problem was when I wrote this reply. What baffled me was the fact that turning visibility off worked for one item (stone) but not for a different one (shovel). So I tried to find a difference in the prefabs.

The difference I found was that the shovel had several levels of children:
    In the hierarchy it looked like this:
    Shovel
      -> collada_bla_bla_bla
              -> another_level_bla
                     -> and_another_one
                            here_is_the_interesting_part_for_visibility

The stone, for which it works, looks like this:
    Stone
       part1_of_prefab
       part2_of_prefab
       part3_of_prefab
       part4_of_prefab

When I simplified the shovel to look like this:
    Shovel
         here_is_the_interesting_part_for_visibility

turning visibility off suddenly worked.

So how does your prefab hierarchy look like?

Chris, did you implement your algorithm that handles the "Affect children" checkbox recursively?

Hope this helps,
    orrence.

• edited April 2014
    Hi Orrence

You're right, the object that won't go visible has several levels of children.

How do you 'simplify' it to make it work?

EDIT: Nevermind, I worked it out - I simply dragged all the names that weren't a folder under the main parent and hey presto :)

Cheers Orrence!
  • Glad I could help!  :-)