Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor appears automatically when player detects hotspot.

Hi Chris,

Which is the easiest way a cursor to appear as soon as the player detects a hotspot?
While the player is within range it appears and you can click it anytime to run an interaction. When the player gets out of range, it disappears.

Thanks.

Comments

• As in, when the mouse hovers over a Hotspot?

Generally this is just a case of defining a Hotspot cursor in your Cursor Manager, but results may vary depending on your "Interaction settings" in the Settings Manager.  What are they exactly?
  • Yes, but instead of hovering the mouse, have them appear as the hotspot detector detects a hotspot.

-Point&Click
    -Touch Screen
    -Choose Hotspot then interaction
    -Hotspot detects by player vicinity

If I switch to context sensitive, when I tap on the hotspot it shows the relevant cursor and it disappears when I tap elsewhere, which makes sense. 
    However this is not ideal for touch controls. I'd want them to appear when the player is near and then tap on the suggested icon.

It seems like I have to make the right combination let's say between the settings, cursor and menu manager for hotspots.
  • If it's using touch screen / hotspot detectors, is it really the cursor you're looking to change or an icon to appear over the Hotspot?

Hotspot icons can be made to show when a Hotspot is selected / highlighted.  Have you played with the "Display Hotspot icons" fields under the "Hotspot settings" in the Settings Manager?
  • Hmm, this "Display hotspot icons" seems promising but I haven't figured it out yet :/

Yes, it is a clickable icon that I want to appear. Sorry for the confusion.
    For example, if the player is close to a door, an icon appears above the hotspot which was detected. If tapped, it runs an actionlist. Apparently there might be several objects requiring the same icon but each one runs a different actionlist.

Hotspots seems very close to this idea but it is something simple probably that I'm missing. 
  • What have you got so far?  When you opt to display Hotspot icons, you can choose whether it shows a standard icon for all, or the Hotspot's given Use icon.

Bear in mind that Hotspot icons are for display purposes only - you don't interact with them, they're just used to indicate where an interactive Hotspot is and the kind of interaction it offers.

If you want to make it so that interactions are run only by tapping the icon, and not the Hotspot itself, it may be that you need to look into Interaction menus instead.  What's your current "Interaction method"?