Forum rules - please read before posting.

Exit Conversation by walking away

Hi,

I was wondering, is it possible to close dialog options by walking away from the NPC you're talking to?

IF not, how would I go about doing that?

To explain further, let's say I start up a conversation with someone and dialog options open up. Is it possible to close the dialog options by just walking away from the person.

Comments

• A Conversation can be turned off by invoking its TurnOff method, which can be done with the Object: Send message or Object: Call event Actions.  A Trigger could be used to run this when the player leaves a certain area.

However, player movement is disabled when a Conversation is made active.  What is your chosen movement method?
  • edited January 2018
    It's custom. I'm using Unity's standard Third Person Controller.

I use playmaker to stop movement at the beginning of every dialog with NPC which is really easy to do. 

Won't gameplay be blocked? How do I block and unblock gameplay with the actions? I know there are options in the inspector like Pause Gameplay and run in background. Is there a way to actually block Gameplay in Actions?
  • Gameplay will be blocked whenever a gameplay-blocking ActionList is run.  You could feasibly have an Engine: Wait Action of 1 second looping back on itself indefinitely until you kill it with ActionList: Kill.

However, player movement is only restricted to "AC gameplay" when using AC's built-in movement code.  If you're using a custom one, then you're free to choose when player movement is possible within your own integration script.