Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menus design

Hi, 
I want to create Title - screen menu ( Game start ) , I have seen the " Creating a Title -screen menu (1 and 2) " . But , I can't get it that " Creating a Title -screen menu (2) " . Can you use " Video tutorial " to show that how to creating " Creating a Title -screen menu for Game start "  ?
Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Welcome to the community, @紀哲力.

I'd be happy to guide you through the process, but I'm not clear on where you're having trouble. Creating a Title -screen menu (2) isn't a very long tutorial - if you can share some screenshots to show what progress you've made, and which part isn't working for you, we can see about advising you on what's gone wrong.
  • My problem is as below:
    1.)  I want to design the menu same as :

How should I do it ?

If I'll  follow the the instructions  of  Creating a Title-screen menu and Creating a Title-screen menu  (2) , can do it?

thanks!

• The title menu in the video only shows up for the briefest of times at the start, so there's not much to go on.

But yes - if you follow those two tutorials then you show have a separate "Title" menu that can access the same Options/Save/Load Menus as your regular "Pause" menu.

Of course, you can always build separate Options/Save/Load Menus for the Title menu if you prefer - that will mean you don't have to check which scene you're in.

If you can show what you've done so far, and what isn't working for you, with screenshots then we can advise further.
  • I  want to attach the file ( for example :screenshots)  in this discussion , how to do it ? 

• See the forum rules: you can host them on imgur.com and link to them in your post.
  • Hi,
    I followed the instruction of Creating a Title-screen menu (2) , but have the problem ;
    // We will also need to unlock these menus when the player clicks the New game button. Select the Begin new game ActionList asset, and add Actions that unlock each menu. Be sure to stack them before the Engine: Change scene Action - otherwise they will not be run.  //

I can't find the select item of Change scene in Engine  ( ActionList   ver. 1.6.0 .7) , so can't finished the modify in Begin new game ActionList .
    How should I do ?
  • Apologies - since the tutorial was posted, that Action was renamed to Scene: Switch.

I'll update the tutorial with the new name.
  • Hi ,
    I have fully followed the instruction of Creating a Title-screen menu (1) and (2).
    But have the problems :
    When run the  program
    the screen show  it as below: https://imgur.com/a/nZ4wb

1.)  when press " New game "  ,  can show  the " Menu "
    2.) when press " Option " or " Load " , and after press " Back " , show :
    Resume
    Options
    Load
    Quit
    dose show the " Resume " ?   I think it should be showen the " New game " ? (problem 1)
    3.) press " Resume "  , not can show the " Menu " . Why ? (problem 2)

1.) Scene setting : Intro
    2.) Set Title
    3.) Title setting
    4.) set NewGameButton
    5.) set Begin new game
    6.) set options
    7.) options setting
    8.)  set " Back Button " of option
    9.) set Load
    10.) Load setting
    11.) set " Back Button " of Load
    12.) set Exit sub menu
    13.)  set Freeze
    14.) Freeze setting
    15.) set Enter sub menu  ( see 7 and 10 )
  • As this image shows, your current scene's name must be "TitleScreen" to turn on the "Title" Menu - otherwise, "Pause" will show.  The Resume button is part of the Pause Menu, so check that you are doing this in a scene named "TitleScreen".

Also, you have misspelt "TitleScreen" in this image.
  • edited January 2018
    Hi ,
     My's  modify : https://imgur.com/a/4KrIE
    1. set scene's name : TitleScreen
    2. run in  TitleScreen (scene)
    3. modify  Begin new game   : scene : from Intro to TitleScreen
    4. modify Enter sub menu

Have problem :
    1. Run program in TitleScreen (scene)
    2. show :
    New game
    Options
    Load
    Quit
    2. when press " New game "  ,  can show  the " Menu " .

2.1 When press " Options " or " Load " , and after press " Back " , can show :

New game
    Options
    Load
    Quit

3. when press  the " Menu " , can show:

Resume
    Options
    Save
    Load
    Quit

4.  After 3,  when press " Options " or " Load " , and after press " Back " , just show : 

New game
    Options
    Load
    Quit

and " Menu "

(Problem here, should be shown as:
    Resume
    Options
    Save
    Load
    Quit

or

" Menu "

)
  • Sorry, but there are so many working parts to this that it's difficult to see what's going on here.

If you can create a .unitypackage file of your game's Managers and your scene file, PM it to me and I'll look at them properly.
  • edited January 2018
    Hi,
    1.) How to attached the .unitypackage file for you ? 

2.) if use  Title Menu ,how to switch from one scene to another  ?
  • 1) If you're having trouble hosting it, you can email me at hello@adventurecreator.org and send it as an attachment.  As the package file doesn't need to include AC itself, it should only be a few kb in size.

2) As the first tutorial states, you use the Scene: Switch Action to change scene in the ActionList that runs when you click on the "New Game" button.