Forum rules - please read before posting.

Prefix cursor labels broken / Inventory multiple interactions

edited December 2017 in Technical Q&A

Hey Chris, hope you had a relaxing and well-deserved break.
Unfortunately got a couple problems with the latest update (1.60.7) 

Prefix cursor labels: Got the option ticked but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Inventory interactions: multiple

This one could be on me as I'm trying it for the first time. I'm using Unity UIs for my inventory and interactions. The interaction menu doesn't appear when I click on my inventory.

Note, I've tried enabling / disabling every option in the picture above. Tried moving the UIs to different layers. Tried with an AC menu for the inventory. 

The only time it worked was when I used Select interactions by: Cycling Cursor and Clicking Menu

Any ideas if it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong? 
Thanks in advance

Comments

• With regards to the "Prefix cursor labels" option - are you talking about Hotspots or Inventory?  Bear in mind that when your Interaction method is set to Choose Hotspot Then Interaction, the prefix will only appear when an icon is being selected (i.e. when the Interaction menu is open).

I'm afraid I can't recreate the inventory issue.  The same settings above in the 3D Demo work for me (after also defining a "Standard interaction" for the Sword item).

One thing to do whenever faced with a Menu problem is to switch back to the Default_MenuManager asset file (or at least set the Source field of your Menu to Adventure Creator) so that we can see if this is an issue specifically with Unity UI.