Forum rules - please read before posting.

Recorder UI

Unity launched a new great tool, the "recorder". It's working like a charm, except for, that it doesn't seem to get along with the "adventure creator UI-System". When i create my own UI, it seems to capture it though.

Does anyone have an idea why that might be and is there an easy solution like just changing the  - i have no idea - occlusion layer? visibility layer? something like that?

I guess that it really is a bug on Unity's side, so @Chris, I would just wait to let them fix the problem. But in the meantime, for my project, I would right now need the ability to record smoothly and so far external tools wouldn't really give good results.

(ps. big thanks to chris for this amazing tool that I have been working with for quite some time now without needing to ask anything here - because everything just runs perfectly and the documentation is that good!)

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Kou.

You're referring to Menus that have a "Source" value of "Adventure Creator"?  Unity appear to be slowly phasing out their old UI system, and the "AC" source mode involves rendering through OnGUI calls.  It may be that they just don't consider OnGUI code relevant to be recorded.

Regardless, switching to a Unity UI-sourced Menu should work - and is recommended once you're past the prototyping stage.
  • I couldn't fully check yet, but I have a feeling that this is the right solution. For everyone running into the same problem -> How to setup the correct UI-System is in the manual, currently on page 305 and following pages, or chapter 11.1.1 . "Unity UI" is the keyword to google for;)