Forum rules - please read before posting.

"SendMessage has no receiver" when trying to launch a URL with an action list

edited December 2017 in Technical Q&A

I realize this might be more of a Unity error, but I followed a method from the AC forums to launch it from an action list, so it might have to do more with AC

This is the script I used. I added that script to an empty game object and followed the instructions as described. Whenever I run the game, it says: "SendMessage OpenURL has no receiver" 

What am I missing?

I tried to run this script through a cutscene on start with an ActionList:Run action, and as a Object:SendMessage - Custom action that runs the "openurl" method, among other techniques, and all give this error.

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2017
    UPDATE: I was stuck with this issue for hours, but as soon as I posted this, I figured out the solution!
    In the link I mentioned, I confused the gameobject with the interaction that runs the script with the gameobject that actually has the script on it. In my case, I didn't need that first gameobject with the interaction. It was such a simple method!