Forum rules - please read before posting.

Removing Menu and Inventory

Hi everyone,

I just started using AC and it's a blast to use it really. I was able to create a couple of scenes really fast. However for a scene I want the player not to be able to use both the menu and the inventory. I was trying to remove them from that scene only but I wasn't able to.

I googled it and searched the forum but I only found a couple of really old topics for older versions.  Any ideas on how to do so will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

P.S Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Gaerlim.

By "menu", do you mean the small button in the lower-left corner?  That's the InGame menu, as listed in the Menu Manager.  Both that and the Inventory menu are part of AC's default interface.

Both can be modified or removed opening the Menu Manager and selecting them by name.  You can click on the cog to the right of their names to delete them, but you may prefer to simply lock them so that they don't appear - meaning you can always bring them back if you later choose.

To lock a menu, check Start game locked off? in its list of properties - see the "Menus overview" chapter of the Manual for more.  Once locked, a menu will not appear until the Menu: Change state Action is used to unlock it.
  • Yes that's exactly what I needed! Menu: Change state Action does the job, I'll use it to lock and unlock stuff as I need. Thank you!