Forum rules - please read before posting.

Future Request: PlayMaker "isPlayer" option to call an event

edited September 2014 in Engine development
I've been using PM constantly with AC and recently discovered that I will be needing the "isPlayer" a lot in the "PlayMaker Third-Party" action list option, this will be highly beneficial as I have PM FSM's on the Player a lot, and when needing to reference it on an action list I simply cannot as there is more than 1 player that can be used. Please when you find the time on your hands upgrade the PlayMaker action to have isPlayer and be capable of calling an event like that.

(Another critical part is to actually call a specific PlayMakerFSM By Name on a set gameobject, as I could have more than 1 FSM on the same gameobjects, and i'd like to target only one of them on a specific action with a specific EventToCall (mainly I keep the same events, ex: Go  that way its easy to remember I'm calling this from AC, but need the option to specify which FSM Name)

Thanks much appreciated.

edit: Also on this side note, I've been also needing to continue an action say after 5 seconds, but I cannot use "engine pause game" to do so because that will pause the character's capabilities of movement and such. How will I delay an action from being called within an action?

For example, I have an action that switches to a camera, now I want it to wait 5 seconds before switching to the next. In other words delay on actions, this will be a huge + on the things I need to achieve, otherwise I will constantly be going back and forth between PM and AC, which then I would have to find a way to create a script to call an ActionList prefab from project.

(I think I'm an idiot, the pause game works exactly the way it should, I do believe i was actually  getting a pause effect without the controls working?.)

thanks ! :)

Comments

• Fair suggestions.  As for delaying Actions, look for the When running setting in the Inspector (for Cutscenes, ActionList assets etc).  The default value is Pause Gameplay, but this can be changed to Run In Background.

When this is set, the ActionList will no longer remove control from the player while it runs: meaning the Engine: Pause game Action automatically becomes a delay timer.
  • Thats it !! Aghh so smart, I knew for some reason sometimes it paused and sometimes it didn't , well now I know why ! :)

Thanks for clearing those 2 up for me.

& also for taking the feature request into consideration, hope to see it soon.