Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] Monkey Island 3 verb coin

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a verb coin like the one used in Monkey Island 3. I can't figure out how to go about it in the best way.

I've created a menu to support the coin, that was easy. But when it comes to choosing the correct interaction method I'm a bit troubled.

Using "Choose hotspot then interaction", I can show the verb coin menu very easily and the options work. But when the player clicks an exit scene hotspot I don't want to see the verb coin but instead the player's character should starting walking towards the hotspot or exit marker.

Using"Context sensitive" I can use the exit scene hotspots for navigating out of the scene. But when the player clicks an item hotspot and I manually show the verb coin menu I can't figure out how to enable the menu options. I do get a warning though "This element is not compatible with the Context-Sensitive interaction method.".

Is any of these paths the right one or should I go in a completely different direction?

Best regards,

Robin

Comments

• You'll want to use "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction" mode - this will allow you to define multiple interactions on your Hotspots.

For your "Exit scene" Hotspots, you can set individual Hotspots to "simulate" Context Sensitive mode if they only have one interaction defined.
  • Hi Chris,

I didn't realize that I had to enable the "Context sensitive?" checkbox. Now it works perfectly. Thank you.

Best regards,

Robin