Forum rules - please read before posting.

Controlling camera with swipe/mousedrag in 3D

Similar to games such as Farmville, Hayday etc, the player can swipe around the scene by dragging to a new area and then zoom in and out.
How can I recreate this, so even if I tilt the camera slightly to get some angle from above, I still want to the camera to travel perpendicular to the world and not local camera axis.
Is it possible?

Comments

• edited December 2017
    What you're describing isn't typical to adventure games, but anything's possible through custom coding.

If you have a custom camera script, attach AC's "Basic camera" component (see the "Custom cameras" chapter of the Manual), and it will then be visible to AC's Managers and Actions.

The "GameCamera2DDrag" camera type allows for dragging, but not zooming.  You can drop it into your scene even in 3D games, directly from the Assets/AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Camera folder.  You could conceivably duplicate and edit it with your own additions to suit - might be easier than writing a new one from scratch.
  • Thanks Chris!