Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor problems

Hello,

I have a problem with my cursor changing from an AC cursor to a normal windows one. That happens when I open one menu that is setup through AC, and I can't for a life of me find out what is wrong and where is that transition happening. It's like that my cursor becomes hidden after I open that specific menu (it doesn't happen when I click on other menus). Can you point me out where can AC be a part of this problem?

Comments

• So it only happens for this Menu and not others?  Is the Menu set to pause the game when enabled?  It may help to see a screenshot of your Cursor Manager, as well as the properties of the Menu in the Menu Manager.

What happens if you assign the Demo game's Cursor Manager asset file, Demo_CursorManager, and run the scene?
  • Yes, only when I enter this menu, after I exit the cursor still remains changed. It doesn't pause the game when enabled. The problem is caused by Cursor rendering when it is set to Hardware, when I change it to Software the bug doesn't recreate.

Image1, Image2, Image3

the action list that is run when the menu is turn off is just a default one for checking if the delete profiles button/new profle button should be turned on.
  • Is the mouse cursor over the Menu when it turns on?  Button and DialogList elements have a "Change cursor when over?" option - are you using those?  If not and it doesn't pause the game, it really shouldn't be affecting the cursor at all.

What's the Texture type of your Main cursor graphic, as set at the top of its Inspector?
  • It changes only when I click on it and enter the menu, hovering over it doesn't do anything. Texture type is Cursor. I still can't figure out what is going on and why is the bug recreating only when Cursor rendering is set to Hardware...
  • What if the Menu's Source is set to Adventure Creator?  And in what AC/Unity versions?

I can't recreate this or see why it would happen.  Might be best for you to just PM me your Managers, Cursor graphics and Unity UI canvases as a .unitypackage file so that I can see it for myself.