Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sprites glitching/breaking when sorting map w/ scaling is on in 2D

Hey there!

I'm experiencing a weird glitch/error in my game right now. When having any moving characters in the scene (especially the player char), and when the Sorting map has scaling turned on (which it needs), the sprite of said character flickers and half-disappears while moving.

Any idea what could cause this?

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Is the Follow Sorting Map attached to the character's sprite child, and not the root?  What does it look like if in the Scene window, if you disable the backgroud sprites?

Try dropping in the 2D Demo's player prefab, Brain2D, into your scene - does he suffer the same problem?  If so, it may be an issue with your scene - otherwise your character.  Conversely, what if you load up the 2D Demo Managers + scene and drop your own player prefab into it?
  • edited December 2017
    i disabled everything apart from the character, dropped Brain2d into it, same issue. Even with a brand-new scene. Strangely, the 2d Demo scene works fine, even with my character prefab! Many other scenes in my game work fine, too, just some of them have these issues, and i cannot even re-recreate these scenes because the exact same issue appears

EDIT: Fixed it!! I found out WHY it does this. The new 2D Cameras are set at Z Axis 0, for 2D games that doesn't seem to work. So i changed the Near clipping pane to 0 to even have the character visible...I move it back to -1, set the clipping pane to 0.3, and it works just fine..