Forum rules - please read before posting.

Saving ActionList objects as prefabs loses its "actions"

edited August 2014 in Engine development
So I've recently been playing in 1 game scene to "test" everything and adjust it the way I want things to pan out on specific triggers etc. and now as I started a new clean scene, I tried to make the objects with ActionLists that I've currently built as prefabs and include them in the new scene, but unfortunately it loses its actions... I even tried setting them up as a Constant ID but still it doesn't work, any ideas on how to preserve these "actions" in prefabs so I can use them in other scenes? That would be extremely helpful.

Thanks 

Comments

• Are you using ActionList assets?  Actions can only exist in prefabs if they're in a dedicated ActionList asset file.

Go to Create -> Adventure Creator -> ActionList in your Project window.  You'll be able to safely record Actions in there, and reference the asset either through the Engine: Run ActionList Action in scenes, or by changing the "Source" field in Hotspots / Triggers etc to Asset File.
  • Oooh I see,

I have been doing it wrong than, I've just been creating an empty object in the scene and adding the ActionList script to it.

Thanks for the heads up, I will re-work the ones I have currently done and this should take care of my issues.