Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity UI Appear on Hotspot issue

So I have a question I guess. I don't know if this is on purpose but I'm a unity UI prefab for my interaction menus.

For the appear type option, when I click choose on hotspot, it doesn't seem to work. It just stays in the middle of the screen.

When I turn back to AC ui, it works fine

Comments

• Unity UI menu repositioning works by controlling the supplied RectTransform boundary property in your Menu Manager, which should be a child of the Canvas that spans the area of the UI.

The provided default Interaction Menu should work this way when changing the Source to Unity Ui Prefab (the Canvas should already be set as "InteractionUI").  Are you using the provided one or building your own?
  • I built my own. If I switch to yours, would it fix the problem?
  • I just test it with the interaction UI and it's definitely not working. It shows in the middle of the screen where the cursor is supposed to be.

I'm not using the cursor for anything. 

In settings I picked see interactions with cursor over hotspot. Could that be why?

• The settings field shouldn't matter if the position type was changed from its default value of "Appear At Cursor Then Freeze".

Try it with the Demo_MenuManager asset file loaded at the top of your Menu Manager.  Select your Interaction menu, and change both the Source and the Position type fields.  What then?
  • Alright so it's fixed. Turns out the issue I was using the canvas for both "Linked Canvas" and "RectTransformboundary"

I changed it to my panel and it worked. I used the 3D demo example to make it work. 

Finally. Thanks.