Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change interaction name

I wanted to ask, is it possible to change an interaction name using an action list. I'm using the Unity UI prefab and would like to change the Use interaction to something else after a variable check.

I know I can create a new interaction in the menu manager.

Comments

• You could do it through a custom script / Action, but it won't be recognised by save games or translations: right-click on the icon's "label" field in the Cursor Manager to get an API reference to it.

However, the recommended way to change the percieved name is to create another interaction icon, add a new interaction to your Hotspot, and then use the Hotspot: Change interaction Action to enable it and disable the original.
  • edited December 2017
    Alright I got this working with your instructions. Thanks.
  • edited May 2018
    I have the same question but using a coin verb. See the picture bellow:

I tried the Hotspot: Change interaction Action to enable the (Taste) interaction and disable the (Talk to) interaction.

But it seems that it doesn't work. After some research I found that if I disable the menu element "Use" from the Menu that it works. But by doing this, in all hotspots the Verb Coin has the (Taste) interaction.

I also want the same for the (Use) interaction to be able to change for certain hotspots to (Push) interaction.

Is is some way to fix this? Do I need to write a custom script?

Thank you