Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiple subtitles font

edited December 2017 in Technical Q&A
I was wondering is it possible to have multiple font types. I want to have 1 font for normal subtitles and subtitles speaker and another font entirely for the characters thoughts on the screen.

Would be nice if there can be a different font type for narration, subtitles and thoughts. Thoughts could be considered narration.

Comments

• edited December 2017
    You can have different speech types display in different Menus, and then give each Menu different fonts.

What kind of speech a Menu displays can be set by the For speakers of type / For speech of type fields, once the Appear type is set to When Speech Plays.
  • How do i call a menu from an action list. in the actionlist, dialogue calls the dialogue menu. If i create a new menu, how do i call it in an action list
  • edited December 2017
    The Menu: Change state Action can be used to show / hide / lock / unlock Menus, but the Menu is still bound by the rules of it's Appear type setting.  If it's set to When Speech Plays, for example, it's not going to stay on if you try to turn it on manually.  You can read more about the various appear types in the "Menus overview" chapter of the Manual.

Using the fields I described above to limit a speech Menu's display by character / speech type.  If you want to swap out which speech Menu is used entirely, you can lock the second one and then use two Menu: Change state Actions to lock the first and unlock the second.  When a Menu is locked, it will not turn on when it's "Appear type" condition is met.

That's just generally speaking though.  If you need more details, please share more about the exact situation you're facing - what is the new menu for, for instance?