Forum rules - please read before posting.

Triggers aren't working

So for some reason, triggers created with AC dont seem to work and I dont know why. I'm using the unity standard TPC to move around.

No matter I do, the trigger doesn't detect the character. i have everything needed like rigidbody and collider with is trigger set to off on the character.

Comments

• So I created a brand new scene and tried to use triggers and it worked fine. However in my main scene, triggers still aren't working. Any idea what the problem could be?

The trigger is set up the exact same way it is in the scene that works.
  • If you are using a separate controller to move the player, then you will need to ensure that AC still understands that this is the player character - which is done typically by tagging it as Player and giving it the Player component.

However, that is only because a Trigger by default is set to react to the AC Player.  You can alternatively configure the Trigger's "Trigger detects" property to react to a specific gameobject.  Note that the object it detects must have a Rigidbody attached.
  • I noticed something. I was having the same issue with a new scene and noticed in the AC status debug window that it was showing "Gameplay is Blocked". 

That's why the triggers weren't working. I had a cutscene play on start through SLATE but I disabled the cutscene in slate yet AC was still trying to play it. 

I removed the cutscene and the trigger worked.

Apart from  that, why would gameplay be blocked? How do i fix if it's showing gameplay blocked
  • If the debug window is showing that gameplay is blocked, it should also be showing the ActionList(s) that are causing this.

If you disabled the Cutscene in Slate, then that's probably the cause.  If that same Cutscene is the one causing Slate to run, is there a need to disable it like that?  The correct way to end a Cutscene is to invoke its Kill() method.  Disabling the GameObject will cause problems.