Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object's hotspot gone after load

I'm testing my game and when I pick up an Item the logic goes like this. Hide Object->Add to Inventory-> Disable Hotspot (Hotspot is not external it is equipped to the main object). There is a remember visibility and remember hotspot script added to the object, my problem is when I load the game after picking it up (I saved the game before picking up the object), the object is now visible but the hotspot is gone, any suggestions for picking up item logic to make it usable with the save and load function? thanks

Comments

• That should generally work as intended.

Which versions of AC and Unity are you using, what is your "Build Target" platform, and have you enabled the "Save in Json format?" option in the Settings Manager?

When multiple Remember scripts are attached to a single GameObject, they should all share the same Constant ID number.  Is that the case?
  • I'm using Unity v2017.1.0f3 AC v1.59a. My Target platform is WebGL and PC, but I'm testing it with what I described in the unity editor, I haven't enabled that option. I will try later, thanks!
  • The constant ids are the same btw
  • I asked about Json because there is a limitation with it in that only one Remember component can be attached to a GameObject - you want it unchecked in this case.

What if you swap the components around?  Does it then save the Hotspot but not the visibility?