Forum rules - please read before posting.

Create Modal Menu

I created a menu with a button that links it to a website, I want the user to confirm the action before proceeding but I want the menu behind it to be visible but disabled, removing the other menu though seems awkward, any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• A confirm box can be added just like any other Menu, with two Buttons to allow for a Yes/No choice.  When given an Appear type of Manual, you can then use the Menu: Change state Action to turn it on as part of your original Menu Button's ActionList.
  • My problem is that I want it to appear as a modal dialog, what happens is that it just appears over the other menus and I can still click the other menus while the confirm box is active
  • You can't prevent AC Menus from being clickable once they're displayed, but you could do it if your Menus were drawn with Unity UI.  Attaching a "Canvas Group" component to a root Canvas gives you an "Interactable" checkbox - a simple script that runs when the modal dialog appears could go through each of them and disable this on each one.
  • I tried to do what you said and it worked perfectly! I have updated my title screen to Unity UI Prefab too, Can you give some suggestions on which times the AC Menu should be used instead of the Unity UI Prefab? 
  • Generally speaking, I'd advise using AC for prototyping and Unity UI for final design.
  • Oh, okay, thanks! :)