Forum rules - please read before posting.

Setting timing for animations.

Hi
I have the following situation. NPC gives our player an item - animation. Player takes item  - another animation. Here how it looks in editor

The problem is that in such situation animation "Give phone" doesn't play and engine jumps directly to animation "Take_DR". I can't check wait until finish because NPC moves his arm back to the rest pose and Player takes nothing from the air. I've recorder a video, with wait until finish and without.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    What's the NPC's "Animation engine", and in what version of AC?

The Actions look fine, but there are many others that surround it - perhaps one that runs afterwards cancels it.  Try testing the two animation Actions in a separate Cutscene that only animates the two characters.  If it doesn't work with Wait until finish unchecked, how about when you insert an Engine: Wait Action between them.
  • Maybe you should add some " transition time " between! As far as I can see, the first animation is in front of the other so it might be appropriate to separate them to work in ActionList:Run in parallel