Forum rules - please read before posting.

Remove last item added

Hey, I have a system where you click a hotspot and it automatically adds an item to your inventory. 
I'd also like to have a global button that can remove the last item you added.

I thought I could work it somehow with the new Inventory : Check Selected - Include last selected, but not exactly sure how.

Would it make sense to have the option "remove Add or Remove : Remove last selected" ?

Comments

• I'm not sure that's something that would be used by many others.  What's the purpose for it, in the context of your game?  Know that it is possible to auto-select an item regardless of whether or not its in the player's inventory with the Inventory: Select Action.

Provided that items are added in order, it can still be done through code by removing the last item in the List:

AC.InvItem lastItem = AC.KickStarter.runtimeInventory.localItems [KickStarter.runtimeInventory.localItems.Count-1];
    AC.KickStarter.runtimeInventory.Remove (lastItem);

You can place such code in a function within a new C# script, attach it to a GameObject in your scene (or make a prefab), and use the Object: Call event Action to invoke it at runtime.
  • Thanks for the answer Chris, it turns out there was a much more simpler way to get my desired effect using variables. Thanks again!