Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.38 - Physics puzzles, new Scene Manager and many smaller refinements

2»

Comments

• @David: No, but it wouldn't be beyond reasonable to add such an option.  Would you suggest this just for PickUp objects, or Draggables too?

Could you elaborate in a separate thread what you mean by crazy?  There's so much involved when it comes to physics objects, that I'll need a bit more to go on.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi, thank you for answering :). I think it would be good if you could pick up an object just by clicking on it once, and another click drops it. It could be useful for draggables too, definitely.

About the objects going crazy, basically it seems that sometimes I could "force" an object to pass through a collider, like the floor or other stuff, I'm not sure why that happens. But thinking twice about it, it may be a problem with my collider, or maybe I should experiment with the Mass value\Collision Detection type...
    edit: actually, I just tried to hold the rock in front of my FPS player, and if I try to walk towards a collider, like the library, when the object (the rock) touches it before me, it makes my player bounce back at 100 km/h, lol... this is probably a problem of Unity physics though

One thing that I noticed, instead, is that when you are rotating an object with a first person camera, you can still move while the object stands still (until it falls when you move too much). Is there a way to temporaly "freeze" the player keyboard movement while I'm rotating an object?
    And for some weird reason, if I use RotateMoveable instead RotateMoveableToggle, I can still move but only forward (!?).... sorry if it sounds complicated. I tested this following the pick up rock tutorial, if you want to replicate.
  • Yes, I've been looking into "freezing" the camera while dragging moveables for 1.40, and there'll be a number of fixes and refinements related to draggables.

With regards to the "forcing through" effects: AC is still dependent on Unity's physics engine, so the "quirks" shall we say still apply.  To really refine things, you have to tinker with settings such as the Solver Iteration Count within your PhysicsManager, just as you would with any physics-based logic in Unity.
  • Looking forward to it =). And thank you, I'm going to try that.
  • On the physics demo, I can open and shut a drawer but that's all, movement's locked.

Could not find menu of name 'Exit closeup'
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    AC.ActionMenuState:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionMenuState.cs:170)
    AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator1:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:211)

• Sorry to interrupt but I had another idea for Chris. It would be nice if you could pick up an object and tell the game to "assign" it to a bone instead of necessarily show it in front of you, much like you can already do through Actions from what I remember. Ignore this post if this is already somehow doable :p
  • edited November 2014
    @terrymorgan: Have you assigned the Physics demo's own set of Manager files before running the scene?  Be sure to select "PhysicsDemo_ManagerPackage" and assign the managers using the Inspector.

@David: I'm not clear what you mean - please elaborate in a new thread in Engine Development.
  • @Chris,
      I clicked on 'assign managers' (but they looked already assigned), got hung up in the game window, made a build of it and it ran, took a while to flip the rock over, is there a way to turn off the music? Also had to
    ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it. Nice job otherwise.
  • Don't forget you need to map the "r" key to the "RotateMoveable" input axis - this is how you flip the rock over.  Please check the included readme file.

The music volume isn't controlled in an Options menu like the other demos, since that's not the focus of it.  But at the bottom of the Settings Manager, you can control the volume levels for the game manually.