Forum rules - please read before posting.

use Interaction actionlist removed during playmode..

I'm wondering how to get around this issue that troubles me.
I'm using a butterfly flock assetbundle , that clones butterflies during runtime.
I have made a hotspot, dropped it as a child so it flies around with the bird.
I have made a single interaction,  Use interaction, so the user can click the flying butterfly and an actionlist will be executed.
In the scene however, when I run it, the use interaction is empty for the cloned butterfly.
If I drop the asset to the project folder and make an asset out of it, I can edit directly in the project folder and add the use interaction actionlist file.
It will work - however there I can't edit my particles that consists of several different particle systems.
If I apply changes for the scene asset to save to the asset file, the use interaction will not be saved when in run time and I can see when pressing play it says none.
Is there a way to solve this?
I'm using the remove object action, so I need to be able to use the asset from the projectfolder and can call that asset to be removed.

Any direction would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Dan

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Not totally sure I fully understand (please consider sharing images if the below doesn't help), but be aware that Interactions, and other scene-based ActionLists such as Cutscenes and Triggers, cannot exist as prefabs.  To get around this, ActionList assets can be used instead.

Scene-based objects (Cutscenes, Interactions but also Conversations and Hotspots) also have an Actions source field, which allows you to refer to an ActionList asset instead of a scene-based list.