Forum rules - please read before posting.

Errors after updating AC - Third Person Controller player lost abilities

edited November 2017 in Technical Q&A

Hi 

Just want to check here first if this is an Adventure Creator issue. 

I am using Opsive’s Third Person Controller but since upgrading to AC 1.60,  my main character has lost all of his settings. No weapon assigned and can’t even walk upstairs anymore. 

I have checked AC settings manager, and character settings, they are the same before the update. Check changelog but I couldn’t see anything that would effect TPC. 

Some of the errors 

Warning: No character has been assigned to the Camera Controller. It will automatically be assigned to the GameObject with the Player tag 

Both a Player and a Hotspot Detector on that Player are required for Hotspots to be detected by Player Vicinity

Cannot play animation clip idle_D on SpyAgent

I am using Opsive’s Adventure Creator Controller Bridge (Script) and just wondering if this would be the cause of it.  Possibly needs an update?

Thanks  

Comments

• What version were you updating from?

That first error sounds like it's coming from TPC.

If you are using "Player Vicinity" for your Hotspot detection, and it was previously working, it sounds like your Player prefab has been altered in some way - as the error suggests the "Hotspot detector child" is no longer present/assigned.  Check to see it all's as it should.

The third error suggests that your SpyAgent character is using Sprites Unity for their Animation engine.  Is this as intended?
  • edited November 2017
    Upgraded from 1.59e to 1.60

I can see what is happening now. When I press play, it completely removes my main character from the scene and replaces it with an old prefab from my project folder. It throws it under "DontDestroyOnLoad"

Any idea why it would do that? 

My Character settings is 

Thanks !
  • You're using the latest AC, Opsive controller, and latest version of bridge script?

Don't worry about that warning, it's because you haven't assigned the character in the Character Options of the Camera Controller component of the camera. It's just telling you that it applies it automatically to the Player.

Make another Hotspot Detector and put it on your new character like normal.

Make your new character a prefab, and replace the Player with your new one in the Player field of the character settings in the settings tab of the AC game editor. Delete your old player character.

Make sure the (AC) Player settings on your character has Animation Engine set to Custom and Motion Control set to Manual.
  • Thanks Chris and Deckard_89

I ended up taking your advice and trashing the entire player and starting a new one from scratch. Was easier that way and works fine now.  Thanks for the help!