Forum rules - please read before posting.

What game objects can you safely duplicate (CTRL+D)?

edited August 2014 in Engine development
I notice that if I try to duplicate an_Interaction or _Cutscene things do not go well as the actions appear irevocably tied together and changing the duplicate also alters the original.

Perhaps I have overlooked the guidance on this in the manual/tutorials?

I have some quite complex sequences of action and want to have similar actions occur with slight variances (for example player picks up one of a few similar objects and have each action lead to a similar response but with different outcomes).

The problem with this duplication has led me to wonder what I "should" be able to successfully duplicate and what I "should not". Anyone got a list of 'no-no' duplications?

Comments

• Generally any ActionList object must never be duplicated, for the reason you've stated.  It's a "quirk" of the way Unity works, but there's a way around it by using the ActionList Editor window.  Right-clicking inside it allows you to select all the actions, copy them, and then paste them into another object.
  • Aha. I hadn't try to select ALL the actions at once. Had my head in copying individual ones. Obviously not practical!