Forum rules - please read before posting.

Talk animation seems longer than audio speech?

Hi,

Is there a way to ensure tat the talking animation ends as soon as the audio speech is finished? My animation seems to talk for a few extra frames each time?

See example video, animation itself and settings:

The mp3'd of audio are trimmed so there is no extra quiet sound to animate too?

Thanks

James

Comments

• What is your AC version?

How are your characters animated?  Without seeing subtitles, it's not possible to judge if the subtitles are also taking longer, or if it's purely animation-related.  If you are using Sprites Unity Complex, check that you don't have Exit Time enabled in the Talk -> Idle transitions.
  • AC and Unity versions is are completely up to date. I'm using Sprites Unity not Sprites Unity Complex. I will send footage of audio and subtitles, how do you have both on at once? Or do you just ned to see how long subtitles are displayed without audio?

Thanks
  • Subtitles can be enabled at the bottom of the Settings Manager.  What of the transitions?
  • Hi Chris,

I have no transitions, I just have all my animations named correctly within the animator, with Idle_R as the default.

Please see video of subtitles and audio playing:

Thanks,

James
  • See the "Upgrade notes" of v1.58 in the Changelog file:

-If speech has audio, the “Display time factor” will only affect the duration of text display once the audio has finished playing (overrides scrolling)

To remove text as soon as audio has finished, reduce the Display time factor (in the Speech Manager) to zero.
  • And this will also ensure that the animation stops when audio finishes with or without subtitles showing?

Thanks
  • ok, what about when there are no subtitles displaying, but my animation is not finishing on time with audio?
  • Forget last post,ta!
  • Hello! Old post revisited! I have display time set to 0 so that dialogue text is removed as soon as audio has finished, however, what do I do in the case of the image below?

As the dialogue just doesn't show up at all?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92tfj6qiodo282m/Screenshot%202018-08-29%2015.16.01.png?dl=0
  • The dialogue text doesn't show?  What if you don't run the Sound: Play Action?  Is the "FishRopeTricks4188" object the same AudioSource as that used by the "FishermanRopeTricks" NPC?
  • It then doesn't play the audio, I seem to have this problem with any dialogue that is within an action list that is not a cutscene in a scene
  • Please answer my previous questions.  What's the purpose of the Sound: Play Action - are you not having the speech line play the audio itself?
  • Sorry, I thought I did. If the Sound: Play action is not there then the dialogue doesn't play from the Dialogue:Play Speech action for some reason
  • Again: Is the "FishRopeTricks4188" object the same AudioSource as that used by the "FishermanRopeTricks" NPC?

Right now, there just isn't enough detail shared to diagnose what the problem might be.

You need to be very clear about what's causing this to occur.  What type of ActionList is this problem occuring in?  Interaction / gameplay-blocking / run-in-background?  What about ActionList assets?  Are you sure that this is the determining factor?

Do any relevant messages appear in the Console?