Forum rules - please read before posting.

Request : Fixed Code

Hey Chris,

I was wondering if it would be possible if you could post the exact lines of code you changed in your updates? I have modified some of the scripts and would love to be able to just copy and paste your changes manually, instead of through the asset store. 

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm sorry, but aside from the complexity of such a task, AC is a commercial product and I'm not comfortable with releasing publicly such changes.
  • oh duh. :/  Any suggestions then?
  • edited April 2014
    Hi EBlomquist,

First off, always think twice before changing AC code. Always see if you can solve your problem in some other way first. But if it can't be avoided, it could be an idea to set up a local Git repository where you store your customizations. Then you can use Git to merge your code with the updated code from AC. Always do full AC updates and then merge your changes in, not the other way around.

Learn more here: http://git-scm.com/

Edit: An even simpler solution is to store copies of your changed AC files in a different directory. Whenever there is an update, do a full update from the asset store. Then use a file comparison tool to manually merge your changes into the latest AC files.
  • Hey Guran 

Thanks - that is where we're heading from here on out. :D