Forum rules - please read before posting.

Different character, same speech.

Hi friends!
First of all, being my first post, I must congratulate Chris on his achievement. Thank you !
Second, I must ask for forgiveness if this is a silly question.

Third, I wanted to ask for advice on what I'm working on currently. I have build several scenes now,  and in the story, a character goes away, then another character goes back to the same spots looking for him. When I switch, the character has the same dialogues on hotspots, like for example: "It's a chair", "It's the door", which is perfect. But when it comes to recording the voices for this characters, I was wondering if the speeches could retain the same number, since they are the same dialog, but be in a character folder. In other words, depending on what character the player is on, it pulls the audio from its folder. Sort of how it's done - as I understand - with the translated audios. Is that something possible? It would be a nice alternative to having a "check:player" on all the hotspots and create new dialogues, although being the same? 

I think it could help a lot when it comes to a game where all characters need to walk around the same spots. I'm not a programmer, so I understand if this is silly or impossible :) or non productive.

Thanks guys!!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @joveguille.

I think generally users would want to have some variation in player lines anyway, even if e.g. "It's the door" can't be said too many different ways.  I do understand your point, though.

It's not possible at the moment - and I can't say how feasible it would be to add - but I shall investigate it for you.
  • Thank you Chris! I appreciate you looking into it.
  • No problem - it should be do-able, and it's a good idea.
  • Just noticed last night it has been fixed for weeks! Thank you so much Chris, this is a life saver, specially on shared inventory. Great job!