Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature request - Random in some actions. Ambient sounds playlist

First of all I'll say that AC is a great tool, that simplified the technical side and now it's possible to focus on gameplay much better.

Could be great to implement randomness for some actions. Especially in these:

Engine::Wait. I use that action a lot, and sometimes it could be great to choose random number of seconds within selected range.

Sound::PlaySound. I've made the working tree with Variable::Choose Random number, but almost every game needs playing ambient sounds. So maybe PlaySound could have something like LoopWithRandomInterval, or maybe some special Playlist where we can drop sounds and adjust random range etc.

Many games have few Idle animations for characters, so kind of PlayIdles could be useful. Yes, I've implemented this with the same Variable::Choose Random number but some prefab or special action could be great.

Comments

• Engine: Wait
    I'm not sure how in-demand a random wait would be, but it'd be very simple to write a custom Action that does that.  What's a typical reason you would need it for?

Sound: Play
    I don't understand what you mean by LoopWithRandomInterval - could you elaborate?  Know that the music system can also be used for ambient/looping tracks.

Random idles
    With which animation engine?  I'd recommend you implement random clips playing by wiring up your animator controller to make use of an Integer parameter that causes a different Idle clip to play depending on its value.  Changing that parameter value randomly would then cause random idle animations.