Forum rules - please read before posting.

RunActionList at the beginning of ActionListAsset

edited August 2014 in Engine development
If I set an action RunActionList with an ActionListAsset in parameter inside an actionlistAsset, all actions after RunActionList are not played.

Is it a normal thing or a bug ?

Comments

• It's a bug, unless you've checked the Run in parallel? box.  Screenshot?

• I tried every cases (Run in parallel with wait or without run in parallel), same thing.
    I think this is because of function End of action RunActionList who cares only about scene file and not asset.
  • It's not.  I tried it myself, and can't re-create the error.

Have you tried it in 1.38?  Please give it a go - if there's still trouble, post a screenshot of the asset actions in question, and that of the action used to cal the asset in the first place.
  • edited September 2014
    I tried it in 1.38 in your demo scene. Here is the screenshot.
    Robot is saying only "HelloWorld1" and not the second action list.image

• Again, you have to check "Run in parallel" before the following Actions will run.  Look for the "After running" setting at the bottom of any Action - if it isn't there, the ActionList will stop when it hits it.
  • edited September 2014
    I tried it with Run in parallel but no changes.
    Robot is saying only "HelloWorld1" and not the second action list.image

• OK, problem recreated.  Will get a fix out in 1.39.
  • When will you plan to release 1.39 ? To know if I have to fix it myself because we have to release our game shortly.
  • Likely a while, as there are many other things to be done.  If the script changes are minimal (and they should be, seeing as this works if the two Engine: Run ActionList Actions are in a Cutscene), I'll post the changes you can make yourself here.

• And done.  Took a while to find the culprit, but sure enough, it's a simple fix:

Open up ActionRunActionList.cs, and look for the End function starting line 198.  Then, just remove the second if statement, so that the function reads:

override
     public int End (List<AC.Action> actions)
    {
      if (runInParallel)
      {
        return (base.End (actions));
      }
      return -1;
    }
  • Thank you Chris, it works well.